- Who can apply for a traineeship at the ICRC?
Everyone who is still studying at University or who has just recently graduated.
- When should I apply?
There is no specific period to apply. You need to check our website which is regularly updated. It is possible to register on a RSS flux.
- In which country are there opportunities for traineeships?
We only offer traineeship in Switzerland at our headquarter in Geneva.
- Will I be able to travel during my traineeship?
Professional travels outside of Switzerland are not authorized when being on a traineeship position.
- Are there opportunities after the traineeship?
It is possible to apply on positions at headquarters or in the field directly after the traineeship. It depends on job openings and whether you fit the criteria for the position you are applying to.
- Can I do my traineeship part-time?
No. Traineeships are usually at a fixed work percentage of 100%.
- Are traineeships remunerated?
Yes, traineeships are usually remunerated. The salary is determined by a pay scale set by HR and varies according to whether trainees have completed their studies or not.
- Can I get reimbursed for expenses that incurred to take up the position?
Expenses that incurred for taking up a traineeship position (travel, visa, insurance, etc.) will not be reimbursed by the ICRC.
- Does ICRC help me to find accommodation?
No, the ICRC is not in a position to help you find accommodation for your assignment in Geneva. However, you will receive a Welcome guide which will help you in your search for accommodation as well as for other administrative processes. ICRC will participate to your health insurance and to your public transportation card.