Friends of the ICRC
How to become a Friend of the ICRC
We have three categories of Friends, depending on the total amount donated during the year:
- Friends: 5,000 – 9,999 Swiss francs
- Patrons: 10,000 – 24,999 Swiss francs
- Benefactors: over CHF 25,000 Swiss francs
You can make a one-off donation by credit card, bank transfer, postal transfer or cheque. Or, if you would like to make a substantial donation over time, say Sfr 420 per month or more, a regular gift might be a good option. Regular gifts help us reach even more vulnerable people affected by conflict.
If you would like to become a Friend of the ICRC or find out more about our activities, please contact Sabrina Bordji-Michel, Philanthropy Manager.
As part of our close-knit circle of Friends, you will enjoy certain privileges. This is our way of showing you just how much we appreciate your generosity and value you as a partner.
Friends of the ICRC receive:
- A personal invitation to the Annual Conference hosted by the ICRC Vice-President;
- A twice yearly newsletter with mission reports, exclusively for Friends of the ICRC;
- Free entry and a dedicated tour of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum in Geneva for you and a friend – all you have to do is inform your contact person first;
- A dedicated contact person, Sabrina Bordji-Michel.
Patrons are entitled to the same benefits as Friends, plus:
- A guided tour of the ICRC archives for you and a friend – all you have to do is make an appointment with your contact person;
- A guided tour of the ICRC logistics centre for you and a friend – just make an appointment with your contact person;
- Your name displayed on our webpage (optional).
Benefactors enjoy the following additional privileges:
- An award and certificate presented by the ICRC Vice-President;
- A meeting during the year with the ICRC Directorate to hear more about our operations;
- An invitation to attend mission debriefings with ICRC delegates returning from the field;
- Your name listed in the ICRC annual report (optional).