Friends of the ICRC
Every year, we single out our most loyal and generous supporters by inviting them to join our close-knit Circle of Friends. You can join one of the following three categories:
Friends of the ICRC receive:
- A personal invitation to the Annual Conference hosted by the ICRC Vice-President;
- A twice yearly newsletter with mission reports, exclusively for Friends of the ICRC;
- Free entry and a dedicated tour of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum in Geneva for you and a friend – all you have to do is inform your contact person first;
- A dedicated contact person, Audrey Brasier.
Patrons are entitled to the same benefits as Friends, plus:
- A guided tour of the ICRC archives for you and a friend – all you have to do is make an appointment with your contact person;
- A guided tour of the ICRC logistics cent re for you and a friend – just make an appointment with your contact person;
- Your name displayed on our webpage (optional).
Benefactors enjoy the following additional privileges:
- An award and certificate presented by the ICRC Vice-President;
- A meeting during the year with the ICRC Directorate to hear more about our operations;
- An invitation to attend mission debriefings with ICRC delegates returning from the field;
- Your name listed in the ICRC annual report (optional).
If you pay tax in Switzerland, you may be able to deduct donations to the ICRC from your taxable income. The yearly minimum and the amount deductible can vary from canton to canton.
Hunger in Yemen, Somalia, South Sudan and Nigeria
If we can't live off the animals or the land, then I don't know how my children will survive.
People in Yemen, Somalia, South Sudan an Nigeria have been struggling for years with the effects of armed conflict. The outbreaks of violence and ongoing tensions have forced millions from their homes and made it difficult to get food and basic services.
They are now also dealing with a severe drought. The lack of water for farming and livestock has deprived many people of their livelihoods and made food even scarcer. These regions are now at risk of major food crises.
You can contribute to our campaign here. We thank you for adding the reference 831703.