Friends of the ICRC
As part of our close-knit Circle of Friends, you will enjoy certain privileges. This is our way of showing you just how much we appreciate your generosity and value you as a partner.
Friends of the ICRC receive:
• a personal invitation to the Annual Conference and to other ICRC events, conferences and exhibitions throughout the year to hear more about our operations and field work
• a twice-yearly update with mission reports, exclusively for Friends of the ICRC
• a guided tour of Geneva's Old Town, walking in the footsteps of ICRC founder Henry Dunant
• free entry and a dedicated tour of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum in Geneva for you and a friend – just inform your contact person beforehand
• a dedicated contact person at the ICRC
Patrons are entitled to the same benefits as Friends, plus:
• a guided tour of the ICRC archives for you and a friend
• or a guided tour of the ICRC logistics centre for you and a friend
• your name displayed on our dedicated webpage (optional)
Benefactors enjoy the same benefits as Patrons, along with the following additional privileges:
• an award and certificate presented by a senior member of the ICRC's staff
• your name listed in the ICRC Annual Report (optional)
If you pay tax in Switzerland, you may be able to deduct donations to the ICRC from your taxable income. The yearly minimum and the amount deductible can vary from canton to canton.
Hunger in Yemen, Somalia, South Sudan and Nigeria
If we can't live off the animals or the land, then I don't know how my children will survive.
People in Yemen, Somalia, South Sudan an Nigeria have been struggling for years with the effects of armed conflict. The outbreaks of violence and ongoing tensions have forced millions from their homes and made it difficult to get food and basic services.
They are now also dealing with a severe drought. The lack of water for farming and livestock has deprived many people of their livelihoods and made food even scarcer. These regions are now at risk of major food crises.
You can contribute to our campaign here. We thank you for adding the reference 831703.