ICRC Response: January to June 2023
- 523vulnerable IDP households (2,615 people) in Marcune IDP site, Montepuez, received cash assistance tofor them to meet their basic needs.
- 3.500received essential household items in Mocímboa da Praia to improve living conditions in places of return.
- 384.257consultations were registered in primary healthcare centres supported by ICRC.
- 113people belonging to water committees were traine, of which 84 were committee members, 28 local leaders and 1 technician from the district water and infrastructure authority.
- 5family reunifications of minors and vulnerable adults was conducted.
- 7places of detention in Maputo, Cabo Delgado, Nampula and Manica provinces were visited to support authorities in improving detention conditions, including treatment of detainees.
- 298FADM troops trained in IHL at Katembe Mavalane air base and Dongo base under the European Union Training Mission (EUTM) and ICRC technical agreement.
- 100magistrates and legal aid members graduated with an IHL module.