Health Care in Danger panel discussion at UN ECOSOC
The ECOSOC (Economic and Social Council) Humanitarian Affairs Segment provides an opportunity to increase understanding among governments about violence against health care, present national examples of positive measures contributing to secure health-care delivery and ensure continuity of the discussions that took place during the last International Conference of Red Cross and Red Crescent.
Where: Geneva, Room XXIV in the Palais des Nations
Where: Room XXIV of the Palais des Nations
When: 15.7.2013 at 13:15 to 14:30
Organizer: International Committee of the Red Cross
- Pierre Gentile, Head of the ICRC-led Health Care in Danger project;
- Vivienne Nathanson, Director of Professional Activities at the British Medical Association (BMA);
- Thérèse Aya N’Dri Yoman, ex Minister of Health in Ivory Coast, now working for the University of Abidjan;
- Bruce Aylward, Assistant Director-General for Polio, Emergencies and Country Collaboration, WHO
- Raise awareness about the humanitarian issue of violence against health care.
- Share latest developments of the Health Care in Danger project, including recommendations of experts' workshops and global trends.
For more information about the event, contact:
Olga Miltcheva, ICRC Geneva, tel: +41 22 730 2090, +41 79 218 7543
Email: Olga Miltcheva