Profession: Intranet Editor in Chief /Internal Communication Advisor
14-03-2013 Job Opportunity Ref. hq-intra-chf
Activity rate: full time
Purpose of the post
Write quality articles for the intranet and contribute to the intranet’s editorial policy in line with institutional priorities. Contribute to the development and integration of best practices for internal communication in the ICRC, both at HQ and in the field.
In close cooperation with the Head of Internal Communication Unit and the entire internal communication team:
- Write and produce content for the intranet (articles, interviews photo galleries, and video).
- Ensure the update of the intranet homepage news section and the promotion box twice a week.
- Manage the publication of online content for the homepage (including their planning, history and proper referencing).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the intranet homepage editorial policy.
- Write and update the editorial guidelines for the various sections of the intranet homepage.
- Develop and maintain a network of contributors/authors for intranet homepages stories from HQ and the field.
- Contribute to collect best practices and give training in the field of internal communication.
- As needed, develop internal communication plans and give advice to internal clients on their internal communication (heads of projects, delegations, crisis cells).
- As needed, conduct field missions to analyse internal communication needs and provide advice to delegations.
- University degree or postgraduate studies in communication (or related field).
- Relevant experience in journalism (print or online).
- Several years of ICRC or Movement experience, preferably in the field and at HQ.
- Very good understanding of the ICRC.
- Excellent English writing skills (native speaker or requiring no linguistic revision) and if possible French writing skills.
- Web writing and online multimedia production.
- Service oriented and good networker.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy, and in a team. Sense of initiative.
Minimum length of assignment: 2 years (extendable)
Starting date: 15.05.2013