Internship: EcoSec and EPMT (EcoSec Programme Management Tool)
21-03-2013 Job Opportunity
Activity Rate: full time
The Economic Security Unit
The ICRC’s work to promote economic security aims at ensuring that households and communities meet essential needs and maintain or restore sustainable livelihoods.
Activities range from emergency distributions of food and essential household items to programmes for sustainable food production and micro-economic initiatives.
The Economic Security Unit within the Assistance Division has staff with expertise in:
- livelihood analysis
- agronomy and agro economy
- veterinary science
- livestock production and management
- economics and financial management
The EcoSec Programme Management Tool (EPMT) is the main institutional tool for reporting on material (food, non-food grants) assistance. Owned by the EcoSec Unit, the tool gathers data reported from 89 countries. About 30 of these include economic security (EcoSec) programmes while the rest are programmes managed by the Health, Protection and Cooperation staff. EPMT not only centralises data, but also supports the management of EcoSec programmes. The EcoSec Unit wishes to further develop options to analyse EPMT data to inform monitoring, evaluation and decision-making on programmes.
- Cross-check reported beneficiaries in EPMT compared to Planning for Results figures (PfR) to support EcoSec Heads of Sector covering specific Regions and improve field data reporting quality
- Extract EPMT field data to provide HoS and Specialists with relevant information for specific analyses
- Explore options to produce analytical outputs from EPMT EcoSec field data, including the creation of global charts, graphs, trends etc.
- Update the list of staff trained and sites where EPMT has been deployed
- Upload the EPMT files received from the field to the EPMT HOs (Data upstream consolidation)
- Update the dashboard (xIs list) for the countries sending EPMT reporting data
Support ad hoc reviews and thematic files handled by the EcoSec Unit, such as web-based search for resources and compilation of information.
Starting date (preferred): 15 April 2013
Fluent French (written and oral) and English essential
University degree in information management, social sciences, international relations or equivalent
Proven experience with data processing; Good analytical capacities
MS Excel advanced knowledge is essential (pivots, charts, calculations).
Experience with process mapping, SQL and/or GIS is a plus.
Familiarity with Office administration tools
The candidate should have good organization skills, be open-minded, be willing to learn about the ICRC (complex transversal data flows and processes) and EcoSec, and pay attention to details.
S/he should be flexible, able to work/communicate with respect with different levels of hierarchy (Geneva and Field) and with staff from different cultural backgrounds.
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Period of internship: one year, desired start date 15 April 2013
How to apply:
Application should be addressed with your resume, one page motivation letter and copy of diploma(s) to the addresses mentioned below.
Deadline for applications: 05.04. 2013
Candidates can send their file by e-mail to: email@example.com
With "Stagiaire EcoSec / EPMT" as the subject
or by mail to:
re: Stagiaire EcoSec / EPMT
Comité International de la Croix Rouge
19, avenue de la Paix