Profession: web marketing officer
06-12-2013 Job Opportunity Ref. hq-web-mark-officer
Activity rate: 80%
The web-marketing officer plays a prominent role in developing the ICRC’s online strategy. He/she is in charge of promoting ICRC websites and digital content, setting up online publicity campaigns through the appropriate channels, analysing online platform statistics and supporting the team in charge of fundraising for online campaigns.
In addition to being an expert in promotion, web marketing and online statistical analysis, the web marketing officer must also be familiar with search-engine optimization for web sites and pages.
- Promote ICRC websites and campaigns through search-engine marketing channels.
- Manage promotion campaigns and take measures to increase qualified traffic.
- Analyse statistics from ICRC online platforms, draw up reports on this, and recommend ways to optimize the conversion rate.
- Work out a search-engine optimization strategy for icrc.org pages and web-based fundraising campaigns.
- Make the organization on as a whole aware of the best means of promotion and online marketing.
- Advise the online communication team on digital promotion.
- Help improve the tools for analysing statistics and find ways to meet market standards and the organization’s needs.
- Help set up performance indicators and benchmarks for online platforms to determine if goals are being met.
- Develop competitive intelligence knowledge.
Training and experience:
- Recognized training in marketing and communications.
- At least four years of professional experience in online promotion, marketing and statistical analysis.
- Experience in developing and implementing search-engine optimization and marketing strategies.
Skills and background
- Native English or French speaker with good active knowledge of the other language.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interest in humanitarian work.
- Ability to work and develop independently in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Certification in Google AdWords and Google Analytics is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of online marketing, including search-engine optimization and Web Analytics (web and social media platforms); good knowledge of search-engine marketing
- Good knowledge of AdWords as well as Facebook and YouTube promotion.
- Good knowledge of content-management systems and search engine mechanisms is an asset.
- Diligence and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to engage in dialogue and listen to other people’s points of view.
- Ability to use plain language when working with internal clients who have no technical knowledge of the subject.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in teams composed of people from different fields.
Starting date: 15 January 2014
Application deadline: 3 January 2014