The ICRC is committed to protecting your online privacy. This policy governs all pages hosted by the ICRC, including the FamilyLinks website* (see belowThis policy will let you know:
). It does not apply to pages hosted by other organizations, including National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and their International Federation, which have their own privacy policies.
The ICRC uses the information it collects about you to better understand how its website is used, to send information on the ICRC you have requested or that may be considered of interest to you, and to manage online donations.
To understand how your personal information will be treated, please read the following policy. This policy may change from time to time so please refer to it periodically.
- what identifiable information is collected from you;
- how the information is used;
- who is collecting the information;
- with whom the information may be shared;
- what choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- how you can access, update or delete the information;
- how the ICRC treats your personal information;
- what non-personal information is collected (cookies, log files);
- the details of the ICRC’s disclaimer.
The ICRC does not collect information identifying you personally (such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address) unless that information is voluntarily disclosed. There are instances where the ICRC requests information that does identify you personally for the purpose of providing you with specific services or of corresponding wit h you. Information that you supply in this way will not be shared with any third party except where needed to provide a requested service.
- concerning personal donations: The ICRC takes very seriously the accuracy of the information it holds on you. It is searching for ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information. In the meantime, if you change your e-mail address or discover inaccurate information, or if you wish to unsubscribe, please send an e-mail message as follows:
- concerning corporate support:
- concerning ICRC products:
The ICRC attaches great importance to ensuring that your credit card details remain confidential. The Saferpay online payment system used by the ICRC guarantees maximum security. No one else can have access to your data at any time. In order to prevent fraud, your data are encrypted and transmitted automatically and directly to your credit card company for processing. For more information on the security and treatment of personal information collected by the Saferpay system, click here
A cookie is a text-only string of information that is created and stored on your computer by your browser. It contains information about your visit that your browser uses to personalize certain pages or elements. For statistical analysis purposes, a cookie may also be used to pass a randomly generated and anonymous unique number to our servers. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a text value or a randomly generated unique number.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can easily modify your browser to reject all cookies or to notify you whenever one is about to be placed on your computer. However, if cookies are not accepted you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the ICRC website. You are therefore encouraged to allow cookies in order to enjoy the ICRC site to the full.
Most standard web servers, including the ICRC’s, use log files, which record information such as:
service provider IP addresses;
referring web sites;
search terms used;
average number of pages requested;
average duration of visit;
total visitor traffic;
information gathered for aggregate use.
This site contains hypertext links to other sites. The ICRC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of external websites.
The information available on the website may be listed in public places or broadcast on the radio to widen distribution to people without Internet access. All information on the website is provided by relatives of persons being sought or by those who register themselves.
The ICRC cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of the personal data.