The girl who never gives up
- Aisha arrives to her beauty shop in the morningFull of energy, enthusiasm, and passion. She finds herself in the world of beauty. She dreams of being among the most famous beauty experts, at least at the level of Libya, as a first step. She believes that nothing can block her way.
- Aisha ensures that her shop adheres to the highest hygiene standards.Therefore, she makes sure everything is clean and all the tools are well-placed. She firmly believes that keeping her shop clean will attract more clients.
- Aisha’s disabilityDoesn’t prevent her from meeting the expectations of her clients. She tries her best to make them feel happy. Aisha feels happy when she sees her clients satisfied with the quality of her work. She continues to develop her beautician skills dramatically over time.
- Aisha also sells and rents women’s prom dresses.She dreams of transforming her shop into a beauty center where her clients can come and get all the needed beauty services.
- Aisha closes her beauty shop in the evening.She feels exhausted after standing for several hours. She is sure that her efforts and determination will pay off, and she will be a famous beauty expert someday. Aisha feels that she has achieved her dream but is aiming for something bigger. She is a living example of resilience, courage, love, and determination.
Aisha is a strong girl who doesn’t give up. She is like a legend emerging out of the sprawling Sabha desert. She dreams big, very big, even bigger than her age. She believes that she can shoot for the moon, not only for the stars.
She is a 22-year-old creative and remarkable girl from Sabha city, located in the southern part of Libya. She was diagnosed with a hearing impairment when she was a child. Despite her disability, she managed to finish her scholastic education in one of the deaf-mute schools in Sabha. Unfortunately, Aisha didn’t attend university as there is no institute in Sabha for deaf-mute people. Nevertheless, she was determined never to give up under any circumstances. She has an unwavering determination that continues to propel her forward in defiance of all odds that people with disabilities face daily. She never allowed her disability to impede her from realizing her childhood dream of having a beauty shop.
In the beginning, Aisha’s parents allocated a room in their home so she could practice her passion exclusively with her female relatives. Still, her dream was bigger than a tiny room in her parent’s house. She always dreamed of having a beauty shop equipped with all the beauty tools and makeup materials, but her family's financial situation didn’t help it. Everything in Aisha’s life changed after she heard about the ICRC-supported Microeconomic Initiatives (MEIs) and decided to apply to test her luck. Fortunately, her determination paid off as the ICRC selected her and supported her project financially, turning her dream into reality. She opened a beauty shop equipped with all the needed beauty tools and makeup materials. Lately, Aisha has hired an assistant who is a girl from an impoverished family to help her run the shop.