Sudan: contacts and general information
What is the ICRC doing in the country?
The ICRC operation in Sudan has 435 employees. You can also consult the contacts of our sub-delegations and offices in the following list:
Delegation in Khartoum
+249 (0) 183476464/5/6
House 16, Street 33rd, Amarat, PO Box 1831, Khartoum (Click for the map)
Al Fashir Sub-delegation
+249 (0) 912 167 668 / 924 901 252
House 34, Square 7B, west Al Fashir, Daraga Ola (Al-Radmia street) (Click for the map)
+249 (0) 912 161 406
House 193, Block 15, El Daraga, Damazin (Click for the map)
for Eastern Sudan
+249 912 508 219
House 294, Block 11, Hay Al Daraja, Kassala (Click for the map)
+249 711 825 077 / 711 826 145
House 10, Block 5D Cinema Street, Nyala
0912 178 960 – 0917 217 901
House N 154, block 2/B, Hay As-Souq– Zalingay (Click for the map)
House 294, Block 11, Hay Al-Daraja, Kassala (Click for the map)
House 22, Block 3, El-Talta, Kadugli
Our work in Sudan
- We listen to the victims of armed conflict and violence confidentially. When the State is unable to provide assistance, we help victims with emergency support to cover their basic needs.
- We hold confidential dialogue with all the parties to the conflict and with the actors of armed violence to remind them of the importance of respecting the principles of humanity and, when applicable, the rules of international humanitarian law.
- We help, in coordination with the authorities, to improve communities' access to water, sanitation, and health services.
- We contribute to restoring family contacts between loved ones separated by armed conflict and other situations of armed violence.
- We work with eight government physical rehabilitation centers across the country to improve the quality of the services and provision of prosthetics and orthotics.
- We join efforts with the Sudanese Red Crescent Society to expand our presence in the national territory and multiply care for victims.
- We promote respect for health personnel, vehicles, and buildings.
- Promotion of IHL