The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and armed violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants especially women and persons with disabilities.
Supply Chain Officer 1 carries out order fulfilment activities in accordance with service level agreements. S/he ensures that all customers' needs are understood, met, delivered and well communicated.
- Reception and management of Orders in Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and communication channels.
- Verifying the supply sources (Local purchase, field purchase, ex-stock or upstream).
- Checking and verifying order data in terms of required delivery date, delivery address, financial data, item code, description...etc.
- Informing requester in case of any required modifications in the order.
- Managing orders validation according to ICRC financial rules and regulation and attributing them to respective departments for action.
- Follow up of orders status with various logistics departments (Warehouse, Purchase and Upstream) to ensure deadlines are met.
- Making sure that all submitted orders are treated in a timely manner; obsolete orders shall be deleted upon confirmation by requester.
- Providing updates to requesters on the status of their orders, on an ad hoc under request basis or regularly by sending reports once every Month as per departments' request in addition to informing them of any potential delay.
- Follow up with the requesters on goods confirmation.
- University degree or technical degree with equivalent experience in logistics, administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics and/or customer relations, in the NGO or commercial sector, or similar position.
- Good command of spoken and written English and conversant in Juba Arabic.
- Intermediate level in computer skills.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Teamwork, Adapting & Learning.
- Good communication skills, ability to express views and ideas.
Applicants are requested to create an account online in the e-recruitment system via https://www.southsudanjob.com before applying.
All applications must be submitted online through E-Recruitment System until Wednesday, 22nd February 2023 at 5:00PM to the attention of the HR Manager.
A one-page Cover Letter and CV of no more than 2 pages, in English should be provided to support your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will be subject to rigorous reference and background checks.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence