TEDxRC2: multiplying the power of humanity
03-08-2012 Film Ref. AV017A
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement’s first-ever TEDx event took place on 27 November 2011. Over 550 people gathered in Geneva, Switzerland, to hear our speakers talk about multiplying the power of humanity and meeting tomorrow’s humanitarian challenges.
In the spirit of TED*, it was all about ideas – from using cartoons to highlight forgotten crises to why we need to talk to armed groups. It was webcast in four languages around the globe.
On this DVD, you will find all the individual TEDxRC² talks in Arabic, English, French and Spanish.
- Jonas Gahr Støre: Why We Must Talk
- Alberto Cairo: Scraps of Men Do Not Exist
- Edna Adan Ismail: If We Can Train Midwives in Somaliland, Everyone Can!
- Patrick Chappatte: Revealing the Humanity Behind the News
- Paul Conneally: Shifting Aid from Analog to Digital
- Fiona Terry: The Paradox of Humanitarian Aid
- Heather Blanchard: Meet the Digital Humanitarians
- Seckou Keita featuring Binta Suso: A Modern Take on Traditional Sounds from
West Africa (musical performance)
* TED is a nonprofit devoted to “ideas worth spreading”. Visit www.ted.com