The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and armed violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants especially women and persons with disabilities.
The Accountability to Affected People (AAP) Data & Analytics Officer supports the delegation in its efforts to document, review and improve data collection under AAP framework, strengthening the implementation of the delegation's AAP and its people-centred work, including supporting its orientations to work on outcomes.
The Data & Analytics Officer supports and monitors data management processes within the delegation to enable stronger evidence-based humanitarian action and decision-making through systemic improvements in the areas of data entry, quality, support, analytics, and compliance with data protection.
- Assists in improving, developing & applying data quality monitoring processes & tools (dashboards etc.) and contributes where appropriate in data quality controls automations.
- Monitors data quality controls and consolidates, cleans and implements corrective actions.
- Analyses data quality checks trends and reports findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Assists units/departments and management in reflecting on their performance measures and provides ongoing support with data and analysis, with particular focus on multidisciplinary.
- Assists units / departments and management to ensure the coherence of data for institutional and donors reporting (with Reporting and Accountability officer)
- Maps and coordinates, how to harmonize data to enhance the quality and harmonization of the level of information on ICRC response in South Sudan,
- Supports ICRC programmes in their ongoing efforts to enhance their data entry, storage, streamlining and management processes as per priority, and helps them increasingly identify and address gaps in adherence to ICRC's personal data protection rules.
- Ensures / supports units/departments and management in ensuring continuity and smooth transition of data entered into various system applications.
- Contributes to the development of local data models and to the implementation of institutional referential data applications that support analysis.
- Contribute to formulation/carrying out and follow-up on data related trainings for ICRC staff aimed at building specific skills and knowledge (with HR)
- Create visual information products for information utilization and internal decision-making /external reporting.
- Coordinate and streamline the processes between departments following data collection standards (disaggregation, systematization through tools such as device magic,etc)
- Interacts and engages with other metiers/departments and Sub delegations/offices involved in data collection/analysis to understand and build on their experience, needs and knowledge for further improvements of ICRC processes in a multidisciplinary approach from a data perspective.
- Participates in internal working groups/forums on data if and when relevant.
- Bachelor's level qualification in a relevant subject (e.g., management, humanitarian action, anthropology, gender studies, international relations and political science, law).
- Experience in AAP, monitoring and evaluation, diversity inclusion and related good practices and challenges in the humanitarian sector
- Experience in delivering training; knowledge of adult learning principles.
- 4-6 years' professional experience
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Juba Arabic.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
Applicants are requested to create an account online in the e-recruitment system via https://www.southsudanjob.com before applying.
All applications must be submitted online through E-Recruitment System until Tuesday, 21st February 2023 at 5:00 pm to the attention of the HR Manager.
A one-page Cover Letter and CV of no more than 2 pages, in English should be provided to support your application.