Premises Manager 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and armed violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants especially women and persons with disabilities.
Premises Manager 2 carry out all aspects of Premises Management in Juba delegation related to small projects and renovation, lease management and contracts, passive security in coordination with the Security team, maintenance, housekeeping and create an effective Premises team independently.
- To monitor the day- to-day maintenance and housekeeping activities in coordination with the respective supervisors.
- Participates in determining Juba accommodation and office space needs and identifies premises accordingly. Takes part in drawing up lease agreements.
- Analyses the setup of premises, including the passive security measures in place, and proposes corrective measures, when necessary, in coordination with the JUB Security team.
- Ensures the adequacy of premises conditions in Juba (management of housekeeping staff and maintenance team).
- Coordinates the maintenance of Juba premises and infrastructures.
- Contributes to establishing housing policy in Juba.
- Deals with external contacts, landlords, service providers and suppliers. Coordinates the maintenance jobs carried out by external providers.
- Supervises and controls Juba premises/maintenance-related expenses and service costs.
- Supervises ordering or purchasing of necessary material and supplies, in coordination with Purchasing department, and maintains relevant stocks.
- Collaborates with Logistics department and ensures timely follow up of Juba Premises orders.
- Keeps proper Juba Premises related files, statistics and inventories.
- Ensures the neatness of all Juba Premises (management of the Domestic Staff, Maintenance Team) and promotes hygiene measures in collaboration with the Staff Health delegate.
- To ensure proper waste management in all ICRC Premises.
- Supervises management of keys in Juba Premises.
- Supervises and coaches Premises Staff.
- Supervises adequate cafeteria management in Juba in line with the ICRC guidelines and policy.
- Ensures timely follow up of food purchases for the delegations.
- Sets up Juba emergency food list in collaboration with the Staff Health delegate for rapid deployments.
- Prepares Premises reports in different ICRC tools.
- Draws up an annual inventory of movables and a summary of claims, if necessary, manages the administrative follow-up of existing insurance claims for Premises.
- Provides administrative support to SSUD Premises Project Manager.
- Ensures timely support to sub sites' maintenance requests.
- To carry out other duties of a similar nature from time to time as may be required by the Line Manager.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision.
- Makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members.
- Organizes regular meetings within their team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year.
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation's objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position.
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC's understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC's image.
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
- University degree or advanced technical certificate or equivalent.
- 6-9 years' professional experience
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Juba Arabic.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
Applicants are requested to create an account online in the e-recruitment system via https://www.southsudanjob.com before applying.
All applications must be submitted online through E-Recruitment System until Tuesday, 21st February 2023 at 5:00 PM to the attention of the HR Manager.
A one-page Cover Letter and CV of no more than 2 pages, in English should be provided to support your application.
ICRC does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
All selected candidates will be subject to rigorous reference and background checks.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.