Jordan: ICRC response to needs from April to July 2017
The regional focus in the reporting period remained on the response to the cholera crisis in Yemen. It was channeled through the Amman-based regional Logistics Support Centre (LSC).
The Amman delegation's focus remained on supporting both refugees and local communities, in addition to protection-related activities.
Some facts and figures:
- 543 tons of medical supplies were transported to Yemen from Jordan
- 18,500 Syrians and Jordanians, in five governorates, received food and hygiene items
- 376 Red Cross messages exchanged between detainees and their relatives in Jordan
- 9,764 Syrians in Mafraq and Madaba received cash assistance
- 4,190 phone calls were made by Syrian refugees in Zaatari and Azraq camps in order to maintain contact with their relatives
Click here for more detailed information about our response in Jordan.