17-07-2014 Job Opportunity Ref. fd-coop-delegate
The Cooperation Delegate is the Delegation's focal point for all Movement issues and plays a key role in building and maintaining operational and other partnership(s) with the National Society (or Societies) in a given context. He/she ensures an effective and optimal Movement response for victims of conflict and other situations of violence.
- Guide the ICRC Delegation in the development and maintenance of operational and other partnership(s) with National Societies, providing capacity building support where required.
- Foster collaborative working relationships amongst the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement actors, in line with ICRC and Movement policies, guiding the ICRC to fulfil its Lead Agency role, when applicable
- Manage ICRC Cooperation programs ensuring they are closely developed with NS partners
- Contribute to the further mainstreaming of Cooperation within ICRC, including strategic and operational layers
- Manage staff, when applicable
- Represent the ICRC, negotiate on its behalf and promote the organization
- Ideal age: 30 to 45
- Humanitarian work experience, such as ICRC field experience (at least 2 field missions) and/or National Society background or Movement field mission.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French (other languages an asset).
- University education or equivalent
- Prepared to accept unaccompanied postings for the first two missions (minimum 12 months each)
- Driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles)
- Fully conversant with IT tools
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Practical knowledge of Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and of its policy frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to establish and advice on partnerships within the Movement.
- Capacity to formulate and support the implementation of strategies, ability to prioritise work.
- Capacity building and /or organizational development experience and knowledge.
- Proven experience and ability for negotiation
- Readiness to work under difficult working conditions, flexibility to travel.
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment.
What we offer
- An opportunity to use your skills to help the victims of conflict and strengthen the collaboration within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Rewarding and enriching work in unusual situations
- A three-week orientation course prior or during the first mission
- Opportunities for in-house training
- Generous social benefits