Delegate to the armed forces
01-04-2013 Job Opportunity
ICRC delegate to the armed forces works as part of one or several delegation(s) depending on the number of countries they are tasked to cover. He/she is responsible for contributing to the dialogue of the delegations with the armed forces with a double aim: to enhance understanding of the ICRC's role and its operational procedures among military; and support national efforts for the dissemination or integration of international humanitarian law or other norms that protect persons in situations of violence.
- ideal age : 35 to 55
- available for a period of minimum 2 years (renewable)
- prepared to accept unaccompanied postings for the first 6 months of mission (after induction)
- excellent command of English
- excellent command of French or any other language a strong asset
- senior officer with confirmed experience in training
- confirmed experience abroad
- driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles)
- strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- ready to learn a new profession and blend in a new organisation
- well organized and able to conceptualize and implement strategies in complex environments
- excellent ability to work in a team and under pressure in a potentially dangerous environment
What we offer
- an opportunity to use the skills acquired in your previous profession in a multicultural and humanitarian environment
- induction comprising basic delegate training, short field mission and training as specialist before departure on mission
- generous social benefits
We appreciate your interest for this position. Please note that the application process is currently suspended.
We kindly invite you to regularly check our website and send your online application once the APPLY button will be visible.