Paris Regional Delegation covers western Europe for Restoring Family Links (RFL), including both the UK and Ireland as well as Belgium. In coordination with the Regional PFL Advisor for EURASIA, the PAR Head of RFL ensures support, coaching and reestablishment of family links through the Family Links Network.
The RFL Programme Responsible for the Regional Delegation in Paris coordinates and supervises the implementation of activities relating to the issue of restoring family links (RFL) for all the countries covered by the PAR AoR, in line with priorities, objectives and strategies set by the delegation.
Based in Paris, he advises the Paris/London Regional Delegations in the planning and implementation of RFL strategies, promotes the lead role of the ICRC in RFL, provides technical advice and support to RFL services of the National Societies (NSs) in the region, and contributes to strengthening the regional relevance, coordination and coherence of the Movement's RFL network with the objective of improving the Family Links Network's efficiency in providing answers to the families of separated and missing.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Accountabilities and responsibilities
All the tasks mentioned below are carried out in close cooperation with the Regional PFL Adviser for EURASIA, who remains the blue line for the Head of RFL.
- Sets objectives and priorities, and draws up strategies and action plans, in consultation with the Protection Coordinator and colleagues at delegation level to achieve the implementation of Priority 3 of the EURASIA Regional Strategic Framework on Keeping Families Together. Ensures that activities are implemented in line with the RFL guidelines & tracing procedures advocated by the Delegation and in respect with the international standards promoted by the CTA and in line with the RFL strategy for the RC/RC Movement and EURASIA Regional Strategy on migration 2020 for the countries covered under his/her direct responsibility.
- Develops and/or revises guidelines and working tools for activities relating to the issue of
- Plans, organizes and supervises the work of ICRC staff involved in activities relating to RFL.
- Directly and through RFL team provides technical support, coaching and training to ICRC staff and NS staff involved in activities relating to separated and missing; reports on these activities.
- Supervises the management of information relating to RFL activities, in close cooperation with the Protection Data Administrator(s).
- Identifies the opportunities for RFL partnership between the NSs under his/her direct responsibility and facilitates the formal integration of RFL in Partnership Agreements for the files h/she monitors.
- Contributes to the definition of the delegation's strategy:
- Contributes to drafting the Delegation's strategic documents (PfR, others) for the relevant target populations.
- Analyses the situation, with the aim of orienting the RFL mission strategies in the countries under her/his responsibility and for the thematic files that h/she follows up.
- Organizes and proposes to the Protection Coordinator the implementation of the RFL strategy for Paris Delegation. Upon request, assists/provides inputs to other ICRC Delegations for transnational issues and institutional priorities and/or NSs in the elaboration or in the review of their strategies for the separated and missing
- Represents and promotes the ICRC in external fora:
- Along with the PFL Advisor and the PFL Coordinator – Migration to Europe participates or supports ICRC and NSs participation in regional meetings addressing issues of interest for RFL, disaster management or others.
- Together with the RFL AdvisorF/O and RFL delegate and other colleagues (Prot/JUR/ Coop), develops and maintains a network of interlocutors within the NSs, the Federation, and other international / national relevant stakeholders.
- Reports in timely fashion on activities carried out to the Protection Coordinator and departments concerned in Paris Delegation (Protection, Cooperation, COM and others) and the PFL Advisor as appropriate.
- Contributes to internal reports for all matters related to RFL (PfR, BFR, MFR, ROM, Annual report, etc.).
People management responsibilities
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under his supervision: 1RFL delegate and 1 RFL Advisor both based in Paris Regional Delegation.
- Makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members.
- Organizes regular meetings within their team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year.
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- Contributes to institutional Financial Reporting.
Expériences et formations
- University degree or equivalent.
- 10 years' professional experience overall.
- 3–4 years' ICRC/Mouvement experience in the area of protection; experience in RFL or in addressing the issue of missing people an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of cooperation and coordination within the Movement and of the functioning of National Societies and the International Federation.
- Expertise in issues relating to RFL or missing people.
- Sound knowledge of RFL tools.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Staff management experience.
- 2–3 years' experience in another organization working in the field of protection; experience specifically in RFL or in addressing the issue of missing people an asset.
- Excellent command of French and English; another language an asset.
- Computer proficiency
- Contract : Indefinite french contract with probation period (CDI)
- Salary: Based on ICRC Paris salary grid
- Starting date : Mid-march 2022
- Health insurance
- Food vouchers
- Public transportation (Pass Navigo ) covered 100%
- Deadline for applications : 21.01.2022
- Resident status : only europeeans citizens or applicants with a valid working permit will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked a copy of their diplomas and references.
- All our offers are opened to candidates with disabilities
- ICRC might close this recruitment before the deadline if necessary
- Les dossiers de candidatures (CV + lettre de motivation indiquant si possible la date de disponibilité) doivent être envoyés à l'adresse suivante email@example.com ;
- Statut de résident Les candidats doivent être citoyens européens ou posséder un permis de travail valide.
- Seuls les candidats pré-sélectionnés seront contactés
- Merci de noter que les candidats pré-sélectionnés se verront demander une copie de leurs diplômes ainsi que des réferences.
- Deadline pour les candidatures: 21.01.2022
- Toutes nos offres sont ouvertes aux personnes en situation de handicap
- Le CICR se reserve le droit de cloturer ce recrutement avant la date limite de candidature.